My Place Awards: 2020
The My Place Awards celebrate community-led built environment initiatives that have produced a transformative project for their locality. The Awards honour projects that have excelled in terms of design and community involvement/impact.
Winners of the My Place Awards benefit from the opportunity to develop a national profile and evidence impact to potential and existing funders, as well as be featured in a short film about their project and in an exhibition at Glasgow’s The Lighthouse.
Further information and guidelines about the My Place Awards can be found here. Sign up to the Scottish Civic Trust e-bulletin to be kept up to date about the My Place Awards 2020 and our other exciting projects!
Who can enter?
Only projects / buildings in Scotland will be eligible for the Scottish Civic Trust My Place Awards.
Applications will be considered for projects completed between 1 January 2017 and 31 December 2019 that fit into one of the following criteria:
- New buildings
- Historic buildings or monuments that have been reused or refurbished
- Designed public realm schemes such as streetworks, parks, etc.
- Designed landscapes e.g. gardens or public green spaces
How to enter?
Community groups responsible for a transformative, regenerative project can apply using our submission form (below). These groups include, but are not limited to:
- civic societies and other local groups affiliated to the Scottish Civic Trust
- community councils or building preservation
- development trusts
- other community-based voluntary groups, charities or heritage societies
To ensure an equitable application and judging process, we will provide guidance and assistance on applications. Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.
My Place Awards: Submission Form
The deadline for submissions is 11:59pm, 16 February 2020.
It is recommended that you have a look at the My Place Awards 2020 Information and Guidelines before submitting an application.
All entries must be made here online, no paper copies will be accepted.
*****Please take extra care when filling out the ‘supporting statement’ section. You should make a strong argument in this section about how your project fits the judging criteria outlined in the My Place Awards 2020 Information and Guidelines. Make sure that you highlight community involvement/benefit/impact, and consider gathering some testimonials from the community to strengthen your case.
- Please complete check that your contact details – email and telephone – are correct.
- An asterisk * denotes a mandatory question / field.
- The submission of this form acknowledges that the designer of the project has agreed for their name to be included.
- The system cannot accept images larger than 3mb. It is very important that you check the size of images before submitting.
- Please send jpegs only. Please do not attach word or pdf documents
- Please supply photo credits if required
- Please include clear images of the interior and exterior of any building
- You can submit a minimum of three images and a maximum of six.
If you have any questions about or problems with the online application system then please contact the Scottish Civic Trust at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0141 221 1466.
When complete you will be asked to submit your entry for approval. You will receive an email confirming that the entry has been received and explaining that it will be reviewed by the Scottish Civic Trust before being published online. Please contact SCT if you have not received an acknowledgement email.