In an effort to care for the safety of our community and staff, we have made some changes to our plans for the My Place Photography Competition & My Place Awards ceremony and exhibition.
MY PLACE PHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION WINNERS TO BE ANNOUNCED
We will be announcing the winners of the My Place Photography competition online on 28th-30th April. Each day at 3pm, we will announce a category of winners: commended (28th), highly commended (29th) and winners (30th). Make sure to sign up to our e-bulletin or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to be the first to hear our winners announced!
We had scheduled a 30th April ceremony to announce and honour the winners of the My Place Photography Competition and My Place Awards, but this will be postponed until September 2020 and held at the Glasgow Doors Open Days festival hub. The winners of our My Place Awards will be announced at the re-scheduled ceremony in September, as current circumstances prevented the judging process from being fully completed.
In tandem with the ceremony, we put on an exhibition celebrating the My Place Photography Competition and My Place Awards, with every entry on display. The exhibition had been scheduled from 30 April – 5 July at The Lighthouse, but has now been postponed until September 2020 to be held at the Glasgow Doors Open Days festival hub.
New timeline at-a-glance
- 28-30 April 2020: My Place Photography Competition winners announced online!
- 28 April, 3pm: Commended category announced
- 29 April, 3pm: Highly commended category announced
- 30 April, 3pm: Winners announced
- Week of 14-20 September 2020:
- Ceremony for My Place Awards and My Place Photography Competition held at Glasgow Doors Open Days Festival hub
- Exhibition for My Place Awards and My Place Photography Competition held at Glasgow Doors Open Days Festival hub.